Burt founded Follman Properties – ONCOR International in June of 1974 specializing in the development, marketing, consulting and investment of commercial real estate projects. In 1987, he led the company in joining ONCOR International, an international real estate organization for serving clients’ requirements.
Prior to starting his own company, Burt initially spent two years as one of the original employees of then newly formed Sachs Properties, four years with Hycel Properties (regional mall development), a real estate liaison for Adam Aronson and Mark Twain Banks and four years as Vice President of Development for Linclay Corporation (business parks, office and medical buildings, industrial bulk and office/warehouses, build to suit for sale and lease development).
Follman Properties – ONCOR International grew and operated for over 30 years. In 2005, Follman sold and merged the company with Gershman Commercial Real Estate and now offers the following scope of services: office, retail and industrial sales and leasing, investment brokerage, asset and property management, maintenance services, land acquisition and sales, tenant representation and consulting and information research and marketing.
With over 35 years of experience, Burt has served as team leader and broker/advisor on several investment and corporate assignments. He has development expertise in office buildings, regional mall and strip shopping centers, industrial, medical properties and build-to-suit transactions. He has been involved in numerous major developments including: Timberlake Corporate Center, Orchard Bend Shopping Center, Persimmon Pointe Market, Earth City Business Park (and numerous buildings therein), Brown Campus, Progress West Business Park, St. Louis Place, Corporate Pointe, Corporate Plaza Office Buildings and Northwest Plaza and Crestwood Plaza Regional Malls.
- St. Louis Association of Realtors (SLAR)
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR)
- Certified Property Manager (CPM)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Outstanding Alumni Award, 1995, St. Louis University Boeing Institute of International Business
- Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Science in Economics and Real Estate
- St. Louis University, St. Louis, MO
- Executive Masters in International Business
- Board of Trustees of the World Affairs Council in St. Louis
- Director of Union Planters Bank, and its Predecessors for over 20 Years (Previously)
- Board of ONCOR International, Member of European Committee (Previously)
- Board of Directors of the St. Louis County Economic Council for 11 Years (Previously)
- Numerous other Boards and Community Organizations including: Co-founding Board Member of Confluence-St. Louis (now Focus St. Louis), St. Louis Leadership Program and President of its Alumni Group, The Metro Forum, DeMenil House Board, Transit Executive Committee of the St. Louis Regional Commerce and Growth Association